The Whatsapp app developed by Whatsapp Inc is Whatsapp Business. This is very different from the Whatsapp messenger that is largely in use now though many reviews have said the Whatsapp Business is for small business owners.
Some of the features embedded into this new app by Whatsapp Inc according to Whatsapp Inc includes:
“In addition to the features available in WhatsApp Messenger, WhatsApp Business includes:
• BUSINESS PROFILE: Create a profile for your business to help your customers find valuable information — like your website, location, or contact information.
• BUSINESS MESSAGING TOOLS: Be more responsive to your customers by using Away messages to indicate that you’re away.
• LANDLINE/FIXED NUMBER SUPPORT: You can use WhatsApp Business with a landline (or fixed) phone number and your customers can message you on that number. During verification, select the “Call me” option to receive the code over a phone call.
• RUN BOTH WHATSAPP MESSENGER AND WHATSAPP BUSINESS: You can use both WhatsApp Business and WhatsApp Messenger on the same phone, but each app must have its own unique phone number.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can more efficiently respond to your customers right from your computer’s browser.
WhatsApp Business is built on top of WhatsApp Messenger and includes all the features that you rely on, such as the ability to send multimedia, free calls*, free international messaging*, group chat, offline messages, and much more.
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
Note: once you restore your chat backup from WhatsApp Messenger to WhatsApp Business, you will no longer be able to restore it back to WhatsApp Messenger. If you would like to go back, we recommend that you copy the WhatsApp Messenger backup on your phone to your computer before you start using WhatsApp Business.”
You can check for the Iphone or IOS version on the Apple store. Once installed register and start enjoying these new features.
Issy Miano gave the app 3 stars and wrote: “Its a great concept and I’m hoping it will improve with time. The biggest issue is the one user for a business that’s not practical at all. How does a business get verified? After that offer advertising options too. So far the app is working well keep it up.”
Update – The truth about this Whatsapp business app is that it will be developed further.